- Heraklia belongs to the Cyclades islands cluster
- Heraklia also belongs to the Small Cyclades cluster
- Area: 18 square km
- Population of 120 residents approximately
- Connection with Athens; via the port of Piraeus, 4 times per week during summer
- Connection with Naxos daily during summer from June to September (with Express Skopelitis)
- Connection with Naxos daily during winter all weekdays except Tuesday and Friday
- Neighboring islands are Naxos, Ios, Koufonissia and Schinoussa
Heraklia (Iraklia) is the western island of all in the Cyclades complex and is located between Ios and Naxos. Very few people live in this mountainous island with a lot of water and vegetation. It is divided in two settlements, Agios Georgios, the island's port and Panagia (the island's capital.
Iraklia is small enough to ensure the most quiet and relaxing holidays ever.
The island does not have banks, gas station, campings and busses or taxis. There is however a small medical centre with 2 doctors and a small bus to transfer you inland and to Tourkopigado beach.
You can taste the local recipies in the cafes and the picturesque taverns and ouzeries. It is quite common that music and dance will entertain you while eating.
The ruins of the castle of Hercules.
The cave of Ayios Ioannis, with beautiful stalactites and stalagmites.
EXCURSIONS - SPORTS
Swim in the quiet unexplored beaches. You will get there by boat.